Friday, November 11, 2011

Sunday, September 6, 1914

Muryl and Ina

School opens tomorrow.
Force -- Prof. S.S. Simpson, Supt.
Prof. A.W. Niedermeyer, Princ.
Miss Knowls
Miss Graff
Miss Colcord
Miss Sewell

I don't know how many of them I will run up against.

I don't remember what happened the first part of week before last. Friday, Helen came over to learn a lace pattern and Adele Hite came over
with Dorothy. Last Sunday Mr. Armet was here and the whole day was taken up in meetings. Monday Virginia and Frances came over. Later, Mrs. Biggs came, and still later Mrs. Hull and Mrs. Tuckey. We girls skipped to Irene's. Tuesday we washed, Wednesday we ironed. In the afternoon I went to the Ladies Bible Reading. In the evening we went to the band concert. I was with Ina a little while. Thursday morning I started a crepe nightgown and in the afternoon Ina and I went to see Virginia and Frances. They were out at the farm so we came over here. We went around by Blanche's to see if we could get a glimpse of her but didn't see her. She just got home from Three Lakes that morning. Irene's Sunday School class had walked to Smithboro and expected to come home on the train so we went down to meet the 5:21. Alice and Margaret had gone too. When we got home little Walter Dilzell came out to meet us so the whole crowd turned in here. After supper Mama and I went to prayer meeting. Friday Pearl J., Mary G., Helen and Gertrude Oeschner, came over and we finished those tracts Neva Young left.
Yesterday we sewed until about 4:30 when Mrs. Mange came over. We got a letter from Martha Bibes announcing that she expects to arrive for a visit tomorrow at 6:008. Earl and Fay Provost and their baby, Ethel, of St. Louis, are coming over for supper this evening. Irene, Margaret, Alice and I went skating by moonlight Friday night. Ruby Hawls was with us a little while. We went in at about 8:45 and played "Rook" at Irene's till 9:30. I just got through writing to Neva.
We have four kittens at the barn -- 1 maltese, 1 gray, 2 black, the awfullest eaters I ever saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment