Monday, November 7, 2011

Tuesday, August 18, 1914


Famous Barr Building
I have missed putting in a lot of nice things but I can't remember very far back. Last Tuesday Mrs. Gerke's Sunday School class was entertained at Mrs. Fridelle's and Irene and I played for them. After the program was over Irene, Wilbur, and I served. We had 3-of-a-kind ice and 2 kinds of cake. Tues. evening we went to the Children's Fairy Fete in Hoiles Grove on Beaumont Ave.
Wed. afternoon we went to St. Louis. Thurs. Mrs Classen went 40 miles up the river with us. In the evening we went to the New Grand Central. they were showing Brazilian Travels of Burton Holmes. http://www.burtonholmes.org/life/bio.html
Friday we took dinner at Mrs. Cuendet's. Supper at Classen's and spent the evening at Forrest Park Highlands. Sat. we took dinner and supper at Mrs. Provost's. In the afternoon we walked over to Earl's and to O'Fallon Park.
Sun. morning I walked to meeting. no one was there when I got there but the Wilson boys. We went home with Mrs. Cuendet for dinner. Martha is staying there since her mother dies and she said maybe she's give us a visit this summer. Hope she will. After dinner Helen and I went to Sunday School. I was in Mrs. Smith's class. (All boys except Dorothy Jacobson) We took supper at Smith's. In the evening Mr. Armet preached. Yesterday we went shopping. I dumped my breakfast on the street and didn't dare to eat much dinner for fear it would treat me the same way. I was hungry when I got home. We went six stories up in Famous*. I wanted to go clear up but Mama wouldn't. We got home at 6:08 last night.

*Famous-Barr was a department store built in 1914.



No comments:

Post a Comment